Using video as a marketing tool has grown by leaps and bounds with more companies turning to YouTube marketing as a legitimate way to increase branding, sales and leads.
In the mid 1990’s video marketing pioneer, Ad Web’s Bill Scott created one of the very first video websites. In Fact DMOZ, a human edited web directory used by Google, to enhance its own search results had to create a “brand new” video website category within its online directory.
Back in Mid 90’s Mr. Scott was a RealPlayer and NetShow beta tester. The first online videos were small and choppy. Video streaming was in its infancy with frame rates as low as 2-5 frames per second. A far cry from today’s full screen 4K video. The die was cast as video, would be an important component of digital marketing.
Now in 2018 YouTube marketing has been crowned The king of video content and a very powerful wasy to promote your brand, product, service or personal interest.
YouTube Marketing For SEO
YouTube is a great way for people to learn about your business and the services you provide. YouTube is among the top traficked websites and not only do you show uop in Youtube but you have the opportunity to show up in the Google search results as well.
In order to do this you need to make sure that your video file, description, title and tags are optimized for keywords that relate to your business .
YouTube marketing is closely related to old school seo and is a balance between creating helpful video content that establishes you as a subject matter expert and using keyword phrases that people are actively searching for.
I still prefer using the Adwords keyword suggestion tool because it can help you come up with additional words to add to your content as well as give you an estimation of traffic that each keyword phrase can generate.
There is nothing more frustration than putting together a quality video only to find it with a low view count. Building an authoritative subject matter channel takes time and patience but when done correctly,your YouTube channel can be your companies best source of advertising. Developing and implementing the proper YouTube Marketing strategy builds an interest in your company along with a huge group of dedicated fans, who can’t wait to watch your next video.
Ad Web Designs has helped a wide range of SEO clients literally A-Z , attorneys to zoos.
Why You Need A YouTube Marketing Plan.
Video Performance Tracking – just like web page visits, YouTube video views comes with its own set of KPIs including channel subscribers, downloads and embeds. All are great ways to track your video engagement rate.
Facts and Numbers
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes
- Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
- User Percentage by Age 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- Mobile YouTube users spent 40 minutes on average session, up more than 50% year-over-year
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos (aka watch time) on YouTube is up 60% year-over-year
- ONLY 9% of U.S small businesses use YouTube as a Marketing Channel Hurry enact a YouTube Marketing Plan before that number grows!
- Ad Web Designs YouTube