Video marketing pioneer, Ad Web’s Bill Scott had created one of the very first video websites. In Fact DMOZ, a human edited web directory used by Google, to enhance its own search results had to create a “brand new” video website category in its online directory.
Back in Mid 90’s Mr. Scott was a RealPlayer and NetShow beta tester. The first online videos were small and choppy. Video streaming was in its infancy with frame rates as low as 2-5 frames per second. A far cry from today’s full screen 4K video. The die was cast as video, would be an important component of digital marketing.
Video Performance Tracking
Why You Need A YouTube Marketing Plan.
Facts and Numbers
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes
- Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
- User Percentage by Age 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- Mobile Youtube users spent 40 minutes on average session, up more than 50% year-over-year
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos (aka watch time) on YouTube is up 60% year-over-year
- ONLY 9% of U.S small businesses use Youtube as a Marketing Channel Hurry enact a YouTube Marketing Plan before that number grows!